How can individuals know their personality traits, aptitude, preferences, ability, style, type etc. and organizations that of their employees and decide on most suitable options and the best match?
Psychometric tests give insight into individuals personality, type, style, working know themselves better and prospective employers to find the best match of individual to occupation and working environment. Individuals know themselves better and how they are in comparison to others. This helps them in taking right decisions at various junctions in life.Organizations get greater insight into their employee which helps them take right decision during selection, development, career progression and HR issues.
Our comprehensive psychometric testing service has been carefully developed and designed to assess a person's competencies, personality, ability, intelligence, interests. Psychometric testing at STYRAX can help with everything from assessing competencies, personality traits, need pattern, job values, selection in BPO and Sales, Interpersonal Relationship Compatibility to career planning.
All our psychometric tests are standardized and scientifically developed following the rigorous process of item development, item analysis, statistical analysis, reliability, validity and normalization. We strictly follow the Guidelines of American psychological Associations and The British Psychological Society.
Psychometric tests have been devised to provide employers with a reliable method of selecting the most suitable job applicants or candidates for promotion. Psychometric tests aim to measure attributes like intelligence, aptitude and personality. They provide a potential employer with an insight into how well you work with other people, how well you handle stress, and whether you will be able to cope with the intellectual demands of the job.
Psychometric testing is now used by over 80% of the Fortune 500 companies in the USA and by over 75% of the Times Top 100 companies in the UK. Information technology companies, financial institutions, management consultancies, local authorities, the civil service, police forces, fire services and the armed forces all make extensive use of use psychometric testing.
As an indicator of your personality, preferences and abilities, psychometric tests can help prospective employers to find the best match of individual to occupation and working environment. As a recruitment and selection tool, these tests can be applied in a straightforward way at the early stages of selection to screen-out candidates who are likely to be unsuitable for the job. They can also provide management with guidance on career progression for existing employees.
Because of their importance in making personnel decisions it is vital that the tests themselves are known to produce accurate results based on standardized methods and statistical principles. Our psychometric are Objective, Standardized, Reliable, Valid, Predictive and Non Discriminatory.
Following are some of the commonly defined types of psychometric tests:
- Personality: Personality tests measure unobservable psychological factors such as an individual’s attitudes, values, beliefs, and behaviors in relation to others.
- Interest: Interest tests or interest inventories measure a person’s preferences and motivations, including what types of activities a person enjoys, the products he or she are most likely to purchase, and motivational factors such as things that make an individual feel happy versus neutral.
- Aptitude: Aptitude or ability tests measure an individual’s attained skill level in any number of subjects such as mathematics, reading comprehension, or problem solving. Aptitude testing is also known as educational testing.
- Intelligence: Intelligence tests are designed to measure, through a refined testing process combining various approaches to aptitude testing, a person’s innate level of intelligence.
- Achievement: Achievement tests are a form of aptitude testing that measure maximum performance of learned skills.
- Occupational: Occupational tests are a combination of aptitude and interest tests utilized in social service agencies, career counseling, high school counseling, and in recruitment and employee development.
- Behavioral: Behavioral tests are a part of personality testing used in determining why people make decisions, environmental factors that precipitate behaviors, how people react to consequences, and how they learn. There are both individual and team tests.
- Creativity: Creativity tests use pictures, drawing and sentence completion to measure thought processes.
- Skill and Style: These tests map the consistency in the behaviour on various skill like communication, decision making, leadership, team working, conflict management, attitude, emotional intelligence, empathy, spiritual intelligence etc.
Properly developed psychometric tests and questionnaires, when used by competent individuals, have the following advantages:
- They lead to judgments that are likely to be more valid than judgments made by other means. This is the most important advantage of psychometric assessment. it could be argued that the information obtained from a good personality questionnaire might take several months of knowing and working with a person to obtain by other means.
- At its best, psychometric tests can give you a relatively accurate and insightful picture of a candidate’s suitability for a role. If you’re looking for a quality salesperson, for example, then someone who is an extrovert with high verbal reasoning skills and high achievement motivation is a better bet than the introvert who specialises in abstract thinking. Well-validated tests generally return reliable results and can help you avoid the situation in which a person is an interview star but can’t back it up with performance.
- Recruitment mistakes are costly, and tests are good insurance against them. They can weed out the bad choices and reveal the exceptional performers. They can also help you assess how good a ‘fit’ someone is to a team or a role based on personality and ability.
- They are likely to lead to considerable cost-benefits in the long term. Whether it is for selection of new staff or development of existing staff, the expenses involved in psychometric assessment are minimal when compared with the costs of high-turn over, under-performance or misemployment of staff.
- These tests are also beneficial for individuals in knowing themselves, understanding their own personality traits, attributes, aptitudes, compared with others based on the established norms. Psychometric tests analysis gives them their own profile of strengths and weakness giving a way forward for development and career growth.
- The tests for organizational surveys benefit the organizations in knowing there employees, parameters leading to job satisfaction and designing HR policies based on the result analysis.
BPO Personality Inventory
Sales Personality Inventory
Team Skill Test
Need Pattern Scale
Job Values Scale
15 Personality Traits *
Self Assessment tests
Clients can pick up combination of traits they want to measure.
Developing Psychometric tests for clients specific need.
Developed Aptitude Tests for National level selection of students for various exams
Developed Aptitude Test for State level selection
Expertise in Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness, General Knowledge, Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning, Hindi Grammar, English Grammar and much more. Have experience of 14 major national and state level aptitude test development.
Note: Can be contacted for all kinds of selection tests across
INTERNATIONAL & NATIONAL TEST
Individual Type: Personality Styles ( MBTI) and Traits Test ( 16 PF, Gordon Personal Profile), Competency Based Tests, Aptitude Test, Emotional Intelligence, Interpersonal skills, Attitude, Creativity, Conflict Resolution, Managerial, Leadership Inventories, Learning Style, Problem Solving, Locus of Control, Occupational skill, Interest Inventory and many more
Team Type: Team Roles (TRAQ), Interpersonal Relations ( FIRO- B), Team Climate, Mentor- Mentee Pairing and many more
Organizational Type: Climate Survey, Diagnostic Survey, Creativity Test, HRD Survey, Need Pattern, Job Values and others